Preventing Healthcare-Associated Infections in Hospitals
Hospitals participating in the QIO program’s healthcare-associated infection (HAI) initiative are part of a national effort focused on reducing HAI rates by 40%. The initiative seeks to reduce central line-associated blood stream and catheter-associated urinary tract infections as well as Clostridium difficile and surgical site infections.
As the QIO for New York State, IPRO is supporting participating hospitals by providing:
- Technical assistance for reporting HAI data.
- Opportunities for peer-to-peer learning through statewide Learning and Action Network meetings (LAN).
- Access to and training on evidence-based tools such as the central line insertion practices (CLIP) checklist.
- Training on the Comprehensive Unit-based Safety Program (CUSP).
- Support for rapid-cycle improvement.
- Strategies for spreading success across hospital units.